This is a key role in supporting timely and accurate New Business Value (NBV) and Embedded Value (EV) reporting for Hong Kong business and prepare the monthly forecast with impactful analyses for senior management to formulate product and distribution strategies. You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- Support the monthly production of NBV, including the preparation of reports, movement analysis and highlight of key drivers of changes
- Support the quarterly production of NBV for public disclosures and communicate with Asia Regional Office to facilitate the review from external parties
- Prepare regular NBV forecast in relation to the Company's strategies and sales outlook. Provide detailed analyses in multiple dimensions e.g. product type, business mix, distribution channel.
- Prepare regular sales and NBV reports to facilitate the monitoring of performance and compensation review in different distribution channels
- Support the annual EV production and prepare movement analysis in relation to economic changes, experience assumption changes, capital movement, etc.
- Work closely with modeling and pricing teams on new product implementation, review the UAT results and understand the financial implications of subsequent model changes
- Support the NBV model development for the upcoming HK Risk-Based Capital regime.
- Support the coordination and execution of model change management process by working closely with Valuation Shared Service Center to ensure changes to actuarial models are properly initiated, scheduled, implemented, reviewed and signed-off.
- Lead and coach junior staff members to deliver the above requirements and to support their development.
- Degree holder with professional actuarial qualifications.
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, and/or product pricing.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in insurance industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to work with complex financial issues and concepts.
- Strong technical/modeling skills. Knowledge or experience in Microsoft Access, VBA, PowerBI, Qlikview and/or AXIS is considered an asset.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered Actuarial Specialist.
*Interested parties please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.