Brand Manager - Malaysia
- The Brand Manager delivery is responsible for building The Brand awareness through executing marketing strategies and plans for Franchise, Challenger and Partner brands within their respective markets. In partnership with the Marketing delivery team, the Brand Manager design is responsible for managing the brand portfolio to ensure Net Revenue and Profit targets are met or exceeded.
- Be the brand and consumer expert within the local market. Understand, and protect the brand DNA.
- Inspire confidence with coaching and support from Senior Brand Manager and have excellent competitor knowledge within local market on areas of relevance to their brands
- Read and review global & local research for deeper consumer insight. If local research is needed partner with Design Marketing team to identify and execute.
- Execute operational marketing plans as provided by the Design team- Develop local plans for all distribution, pricing, advertising and promotion, media, (TV, Print, Social, and Digital), consumer and retail promotions, events, in-store, PR. Adapt Sales and presentation pitch decks provided by design team for local use.
- Manage any local QA requirements/needs for assigned brands.
- Be an effective partner with Key Account and Sales Teams to ensure that brand objectives are achieved. Communicate Brand, Product and Marketing information, and participate in the formulation of retailer plans to assist in maximisation of brand performance in Key Accounts. Present product and marketing plans to key customers as required in support of sales team.
- Manage the delivery of key brand events during the year - both Consumer events, and retail launches. Maximise retail participation/in store impact including feature wall and off-shelf requirements
- Regularly review brand performance within local market: Review account listings, and weekly Sell Through data. Take action as required.
- Manage local brand budgets.
- Brief local Agencies on Media and PR needs, POS, planogramming and ensure implementation of these. Participate in Media Post Analysis and Competitive Analysis reviews. Take action as required.
- Implement local communication plans including ensuring global adverts are ready to air in local market and manage play out and transmission, media plans, leveraging 3rd parties including licensors, HPG, promotional and PR activity. SOX compliance: developing all required tools including advertising development, editing and play-out, internet activity, and PR plans.
- In partnership with the digital team, manage the development of local websites where appropriate, based on Global template with local translations/adaptations as needed
- Create proactive collaboration partnership with Licensing Team. Share marketing plans, and initiate licensing ideas. Assist in presentations to Licensors as and when appropriate.
- Review licensing performance as part of the overall branded plan objectives.
- Develop local relationships with promotional partners that can enhance brand image by association and dollar stretch.
- Participate in SAR process and ensure stock availability is controlled to meet sales performance needs, co-ordinated to time with launch dates, media plans, and retail catalogues. Ensure slow sellers are reviewed during SAR and moved to closeout promptly to assist management of aged inventory. Keep the wider business informed of brand activities and how they would be expected to affect forecasts
- Marketing Department
- Sales Department
- Finance Team
- Distribution Centre / Operations Brand Champions and
- Regional Colleagues
- Fellow Asia Marketing Colleagues
- Licensing Team
- Digital Team
- RI GBTS
- Retail Customers
- Promotional Partners
- Professional Know-how
- University or Diploma graduate in relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years in Brand Marketing
- Multi brand marketing experience in the local market
- Project management experience
- Had experience in delivering effective plans, products and marketing communications programs as part of a team.
- Experience in Brand Accountability - have strong background in tracking and measuring brand performance, and taking prompt actions to raise brand profitability using the 4Ps
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.