- Kuala Lumpur Based
- Senior Management Role
- Highly attractive and negotiable salary
This role is senior management position which provides key stakeholders assurance regarding financial, operational, and compliance objectives of the organization.
The comany is a leading international insurance company. You would be based in Kuala Lumpur and have complete autonomy at the local level.
- Assist the Board of Directors, Audit Committee and Management in fulfilling their oversight responsibilities for financial reporting process, the system of internal control, the audit governance process and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develop/Formulate the three year audit plan and the annual detailed plan by performing risk assessments (including Shariah Risk) and liaising with 2nd line, SMT and other key stakeholders
- Manage all key responsibilities of the Internal Audit department in accordance with Group and Local practices
- Plan, Lead and Execute the full audit cycle and present findings and areas for improvement to the SMT and the Local Audit Committee
- Be an agent for change by delivering quality audit reports with practical, effective and actionable recommendations
- Evaluate, follow up and verify on implementation of agreed actions to ensure controls are in place
- Prepare reports for submission to Local Audit Committee and Group Internal Audit, for the Group reporting purposes
- Become the trusted advisor to management for risk and control matters, while maintaining independence
- Ensure the resourcing is stable and suitable to deliver the approved audit plan
- Continuously develop knowledge regarding regulatory requirements, emerging risks and best practices
- Manage all aspects of insurance regulation related to internal audit and be the contact person to all regulators on internal audit issues
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- 10/15+ years of Life Insurance or Takaful/ financial Islamic institution experience in audit, preferably in Asia
- Professional qualification in internal audit or accountancy e.g. Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, CPA, etc.
- Interaction with boards, audit committees, external auditors and senior management
- Previous work experience with a Big 4 accounting firm a plus
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of audit methodologies, project management, and control and governance frameworks
- Ability to work within timelines
- Strong communication skills with senior management, audit committee and key stakeholders
- Strong team player with ability to lead discussions with peers, clients and management.
- Fluent in English
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.