My client is a world leading insurance company who are expanding into the public cloud and need someone to help the team in Hong Kong deliver public cloud platforms for them and their clients. You will join a team of 5 to help clients find solutions in the cloud using the newest technologies available.
You will build and maintain cloud environments to scale the shared service public cloud infrastructure. This role will provide technical engineering and system administration to build resilient cloud infrastructure that leverages cloud-native capabilities including auto-scaling and automated management.
This is a technically skilled, advanced role that requires extensive knowledge in public cloud build across networking, compute, and storage, infrastructure as code technologies, configuration management, high availability design, disaster recover and public cloud services.
- Build and maintain public cloud platform infrastructure as code services
- Public cloud infrastructure overview in terms of non-functional requirements like security, availability, and reliability
- Collaborate with other areas to make certain infrastructure components comply with security policies
- Responsible for executing DevOps standards and best practice
- Proactively maintains a broad knowledge of cloud engineering trends and technology advancements
- Monitors and improves system uptime, performance, high availability and disaster recovery readiness
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
- 10+ years' experience performing IT related roles
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with application deployment, setup and configuration on public cloud services
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must possess an advanced engineering knowledge of Public Cloud Services including: Monitoring, Access, Compute, Storage, Networking, Security, Configuration, and Database services
- Strong experience in application development for cloud platforms using technologies like Grails, Angular frameworks, Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring, Micro Services , REST, NodeJS and others
- In-depth familiarity with Infrastructure as Code automation tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Solid knowledge and experienced in infrastructure for cloud platforms using technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Consul, Vault, Docker Orchestration tools, and CI/CD (Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Terraform, AWSCLI, Ansible, Python, Shell, Java, and JSON)
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in public cloud architecture
- Research, design, analyze, and modify Cloud-based Enterprise-wide systems and application software.
- Support the planning of system deployment and infra configuration to meet industry and corporate compliance standards
- Evaluate operational requirements and provide solutions to support software development in a DevOps environment
- Solid background and understanding of SQL and NoSql data stores
- Team oriented and ability to collaborate effectively with highly skilled cloud ops engineers
- Some background in Information Security and compliance controls
- Some experience in agile methodologies
- 2+ years overseeing operations for infrastructure and applications on the public cloud
- Cloud Architecture or SysOps Associate certifications
If you're interested in knowing more about this position then please apply to dgray<at>argyllscott.com.hk with an updated CV.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.