A leading international Consumer Healthcare business is seeking a high-calibre Commercial Excellence Director (x 1 vacancy) to support a large, complex business unit.
About the Commercial Excellence Director Role:
Reporting to the General Manager Thailand, you will accountable for the development of trade & distribution strategies to address the ever-changing market dynamic in Thailand including training, SFE, tender, contract, and pricing.
- Drive and embed commercial excellence in Thailand and entire cross-functional organization, build commercial capability and is the business owner for the end-to-end strategic planning process
- Commercial Excellence has critical value driving roles to include Net Revenue Management, Go-to-market model development, Customer marketing, Channel acceleration, Category Management and Commercial Systems & Analytics. Each one designed to unlock one or more of our Must wins and Enablers
- Enables sales operational teams to focus externally on the customer whilst the strategy, guidelines, selling stories and strategic value-added programs being delivered to them by ComEx
- ComEx brings the voice of the customer and shopper into our decisions early in the process with Marketing, enabling stronger consumer and customer obsession and ultimately stronger execution
- Connected into a Global, Regional, Area Commercial Excellence network to winning market tools and materials to executed in Thailand
- Better, faster data-driven decisions
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads a team 5 and sits on the Sub-Saharan Africa Leadership Team
- Deliver agility, clarity of decision making and accountability for Out-execute via the end-to-end (integrated) strategic planning process for 3:1 planning and Customer Joint Business Plans
- Deliver Net Sales growth and Gross Margin Improvement via Net Revenue Management
- Ensure effective, aligned execution with customer via key NRM levers including Price, Promotion, Pack Price architecture, Shelving and distribution strategy/guidelines by channel/key customer
- Acceleration Programs in key channels including mass market, pharmacy and Dcom to ensure Haleon wins across channels that matter most
- Flawless execution by our sales force via delivering guidance and tools to include segmentation & targeting, driving visibility and distribution and through use of Perfect Store systems
- Deliver profitable category and brand share growth via category management initiatives
- Curate and manage the Sales Incentive Plan
- Business partner to Tech for all current and future commercial systems to ensure Haleon maximizes the value derived from such technology
- Data management and equipping the leadership team and commercial organisation with the analytic reports and insights to make stronger data-driven decisions.
- Increase Commercial Capability building via formal programs across the (Sales, ComEx) with cross-functional programs including NRM
- Prioritize, adapt, and adopt central Commercial Excellence initiatives from Global/Regional/BU such as: MySkills, Field force S&T, JBP, NRM, Orange Stores
- Rode models and uses our values and expectations to drive actions and decisions. Embeds the five key attributes of the organization: Consumer & Customer obsessed, agility, growth mindset, execution powerhouse and digital, data and analytics at the core
- 15+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical/consumer healthcare company
- Proven experience in cooperation with above market/matrix structure
- Experience in Commercial Leadership roles - Sales Director, Channel Head, Trade Marketing Head similar senior commercial leadership roles
Other Job Factors:
- Should possess strong organizational leadership that builds employee engagement and rode models our values an expectation to drive actions and decisions
- Ability to inspire, influence and impact commercial teams and stakeholders (internal & external)
- Application of data and analytics
- trade/shopper/customer/category marketing
- People leadership and development
- Net Revenue Management
- Commercial Systems
- Strong analytical strategic and flexible thinking
- Strong Commercial Acumen
- High Sense of ownership and accountability
- Outstanding Team player, highly collaborative
- Degree in Marketing, Business or Science Discipline or equivalent; Master's Degree preferred
- Strong marketing and sales track record of 10-15 years
- Demonstrated capability to translate growth strategies into practical sales plans, best practices, and operational structures with a broad portfolio of business model and industry vertical commercial experiences
- Flexible, adaptive working style suited to a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working cross functionally and across business units to develop strategy and implementation plans
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, able to motivate and inspire team members drive high performance
- Strong negotiation skills with commercial acumen, ability to partner with senior leaders of the business partners and distributors effectively.
- Experience in contracting, pricing, and understanding P&L
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai
This leading Consumer Healthcare firm has an outstanding international reputation in this field and great value is placed on training and development. With a long history, this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you have a successful track record of commercial and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Commercial Excellence Director role.
Apply now to this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume od applications, our team will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.