Our client is one of the top tier international law firms and they are look for a qualified lawyer with banking or financial institution experience to join their compliance team as the compliance manager. In this position, you will act as the Regional AML Analyst and a local point of contact for the company's Clearance Centre in the context of local AML rules.
- Promote awareness of the company's Qualified Standards and Practice
- Provides advice and guidance to partners, lawyers and business services staff across the full spectrum of risk and compliance issues
- Composed with the Asia AML Analyst, monitor local anti-money laundering regulations and developments and liaise with the Firm's Client Acceptance team regarding local changes
- Work with local regulators as appropriate (for example, with respect to data protection, anti-money laundering, systems and controls and licensing matters)
- Work with the Head of Compliance, be responsible for local compliance approvals for gifts and hospitality
- Act as contact person for the HK and China offices for enquiries relating to gifts and hospitality
- Design and deliver the Risk Induction for new joiners in Asia (excluding Singapore)
- Qualified lawyer (Hong Kong qualification preferred)
- Previous (5 years minimum) experience in a bank or financial institution as a Compliance Manager or similar
- Good understanding of local AML and DP regulation and securities dealing rules beneficial
- Experience in implementing internal policies and controls in relation to the above
- Experience delivering compliance-related training
- Understanding of law firms beneficial (but not essential)
For more information about this job, please contact Sean Lai by +852 3695 5184 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a further discussion.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.