Well established and reputable multinational, they provide complex products for a specific segment of the market into the financial services. Today, they want to strengthen their customer projects related and align with the latest technology trends. Especially products related to customer data.
In a large team, purpose of the role is to lead a Data science team to leverage internal and external data to the real-world business situations. Dealing with internal functions and external parties to explore business opportunities for the company and support business decision making.
Very customer focused, you will be responsible to enhance and develop new algorithmic models and expand the existing ones to new markets.
- Lead the team members of the Data Science team, providing guidance and mentorship
- Work closely with different business functions to understand the business initiatives
- Collect analytics requirements from business and decide the analytics approach to answer business question and support business decision making
- Develop statistical regression analysis and machine learning models to consume internal and external data to deliver business insight and recommendation
- Assists in the development of Trading Systems and Quantitative Finance engines
- Provides strategic input to the development, implementation and delivery of product innovations
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, applied mathematics or statistics
- 6+ years of overall experience as lead data scientist or manager - Fluent in English. Mandarin and Cantonese are helpful but not mandatory.
-Experience in a modelling/analysis/statistics role with Python, R and open source AI/big data technologies (Kubertnetes, Tensorflow, XGBoost, scikit-learn), model tree and random forest
- Ideally with quantitative/research projects
- Good knowledge of Cloud technologies are a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in internal customer-facing role
- Able to distil complex results or processes into simple, clear visualisations
- Able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
- Able to build things and comfortably working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively
- Understand the modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and can translate this into business implications for the clients
- Understand the modern cognitive computing techniques and the best applications of them