Argyll Scott is working with a Singaporean Insurance company based in Bangkok Thailand who is looking to find a data analytic professional who can work on this hybrid role between data modeling and project management.
The right candidate will support advanced modeling and pricing projects across the international market and will be required to be in charge of a regional role and to be traveling of 30% within the region.
This role will be reporting to the East & West Product Design Special Projects Manager.
- Support advanced modeling and pricing projects, primarily in high-volume lines of business (not only insurance) using predictive modeling, statistical techniques, and pricing expertise
- Initial focus on implementing the pricing platform in multiple international operations, contributing to implementation planning and execution, ensuring best-practices are developed and applied, building and/or implementing models and pricing calculations, ensuring benefits are realized, and that delivery is on-time
- Help form multi-functional project teams with members based in different markets.
- Help drive cross-functional collaboration between Pricing, Underwriting, Product Management and IT to achieve project goals
- Contribute to decisions regarding pricing design and pricing methodology
- Research additional sources of information, use of new modeling techniques and general innovation in pricing to help pricing design and pricing methodology decisions
- Travel to local operations as necessary to support projects (estimated 20-40% travel)
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science or related field, or pursuit of an Actuarial or Data Science career
- Strong background in Statistical Learning. Ideally will have a familiarity with statistical modeling software such as R, Python with the ability to build predictive models of moderate complexity
- Past experience using the Earnix Price-It software package would be extremely desirable
- Experience with programming, data manipulation and scenario testing
- Comfortable collaborating in small to medium projects, often working remotely and across different countries and time zones
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work often within tight timeframes
- Self-motivated and takes responsibility and ownership not only for individual work but also for the work of others and the outcome of projects and initiatives
- Ability to exercise discretion and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization and across different countries and cultures
- Ability to communicate at the right level of complexity for the audience
- Knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Pricing, Underwriting, Product Management, Analytics and IT is preferred
- Proficiency in English is required
- Competitive salary package with excellent benefits
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and international environment
- Chance to travel abroad
If this opportunity is of interest, then please apply immediately and/or call Kade 02-107-2582 or e-mail via; firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.