Regional Support Senior - Database Admin
YOUR NEW COMPANY
A leading insurer in the market that provides a comprehensive range of insurance solutions, savings and investment plans.
YOUR NEW WORK
Department: Regional Technology - Production Operations
Reporting to: Integrated Operations Centre (IOC) Manager
Team: 6 Members
This role is an essential within IOC to support Database platform across the RT managed services. Focus is on BAU support, automation and projects for the Database infrastructure services for all LBUs that use RT services.
- Lead and implement projects within Database for on-prem and cloud.
- Ensure all reporting, daily, weekly & monthly are provided within the agreed window.
- Automation of routine BAU tasks.
- Coordinate within various team in regional technology, business units and vendor for any new projects and initiative
- Establish and maintain database policies, procedures, standards and integrity.
- Support for BAU on Database platforms.
- To ensure all tickets and requests are attended and closed within the agreed SLA
- Ensure database patching is completed as per Regional patch advisory
- Monitor and develop database performance profiles and tuning databases for optimum performance
- Conduct periodic audit review and ensure baselines/policies are adhered for all RT managed databases.
- Ensure compliance of database licensing requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science/IT or a related discipline.
- A minimum 8++ years' experience in working and supporting Cloud databases.
- Build and manage SQL, Couchbase and DB2 databases.
- Strong physical database design skills
- Database Performance tuning
- Capable of working with related database utilities and developed scripts using UNIX shell, SQL and Windows PowerShell.
- Working experience with Database High Availability.
- Good knowledge on Database compression and partitioning
- Working experience with Database HW/Platform Migration
- 1-2 years of experience in Project Management
Please get in touch - I'd be glad to talk to you further about this role.
Angel Felismino | email@example.com | 010 524 2576
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.