Our client is a one of the top sportswear brands, this Director of Materials Management will lead a team of 30 for creating the strategy and managing an efficient material supply model that ensures quality, cost and timely delivery of all raw material for the brand.
- Build the long- and short-term material supply strategy for all brands factoring in footprint movements, supply models, lead times, brand and sourcing needs
- Ensure reliable delivery of material on time for production by working closely with material suppliers and garment factories
- Partner cross-functionally with Sourcing and Quality Leaders in managing all aspects of material quality from establishing guidelines to delivering product to factories
- Act as the key liaison for Product Development leadership and Sourcing leadership in the Asia for all material supply related topics
- Support material innovation and capabilities through supplier research and partnership in collaboration with Brand Development and Innovation Teams
- Lead material cost negotiation strategy by establishing cost targets, utilizing fact based methodology, and driving for positive outcomes in supplier facing discussions
- Bachelor's degree and with at least 15 years of experience in Performance / Functional Materials management
- Proven record of leadership and excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills. Previous experience supervising/managing employees required.
- Experience in handling a complex business issues involving various stakeholders and navigating in a matrix environment
- Experience living in Asia a plus. Bilingual in an Asian language a plus.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Christy Wong at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5169 for a confidential discussion.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.