This is a rare opportunity to join a leading Global Banking Group based in the city as their Financial Controller to oversee the financial accounting and financial reporting for their European branches.
The role will entail working within the UK Group Finance team, where you will report into the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure all the financials for their Italian European office are completed within agreed deadlines.
For this European Financial Controller role your responsibilities will include :
- Providing Management reports on all liquidity, P&L's and reserves within the branch
- Complete Monthly reporting for across Compliance, Bank Provisions, Tax issues, and operational risks.
- Control the GL Account and ensure costs, accruals and prepayments are up to date
- Take ownership of the month end processes, annual accounts and produce the annual accounts
- Oversee the day to day controls including Balance sheets and Profit and Loss
Your key skills required for this Financial Controller role will be :
- Qualified Accountant ( ACA / ACCA or equivalent)
- Proven history within a Banking environment ideally with knowledge of sub-branch and European directives
- Knowledge of the Italian Banking sector including tax laws and compliance regulations would be advantageous
- Be an analytical thinker, who is results driven and a proactive person
- A clear communicator at all levels, capable of speaking Italian and English.
This is an opportunity to join a growing business to work within a multicultural environment and to gain further experience to enhance your career development.