This is a rare opportunity to join a leading Global Banking Group based in the city as their Financial Accountant to manage the financial reporting for their European branches.
The role will entail working within the UK Group Finance team, where you will report into the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure all the financials are completed within agreed deadlines.
Principle Accountabilities and Duties:
- Preparation of subsidiary annual accounts
- Ensure accurate postings of costs, accruals, prepayments, etc
- Control the general ledger account ownership policy
- Deal with and ensure compliance with tax issues including Withholding tax; VAT, income tax; preparation of tax returns and tax certificates for customers;
- Monthly reporting of P&L, Balance Sheet reporting with commentary
- Mitigating and reporting operational risks
- Assisting with month end reporting and processes
- Assisting with the production of year-end Statutory Accounts and Annual Report
- Assisting with tax returns for all UK entities
- Managing the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss
- Adhoc tasks