A global insurance business is looking for a professional and experienced person to join their finance team. This role will focus on treasury and investment management, reinsurance recoveries, financial controls, IFRS 17 project related activities and the provision of decision support to the business departments.
- Ensuring that the Hong Kong and Macau treasury and investment accounting are completed as per schedule and any issues are managed proactively in an efficient and effective manner. Cash and investments are reviewed, reconciled and reported accurately within required deadlines
- Managing the Hong Kong and Macau re-insurance recoveries and settlement process with reinsurance brokers and the company's claims team.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, balance sheet reconciliation program and monitoring in place and prompt resolution of audit/review issues
- Assist the Finance Manager with financial reporting related tasks
- Assist in other finance projects including IFRS 17 related preparation
- Bachelor of Commerce/Accountancy degree with CPA, ICPA's, ACCA or equivalent.
- Results oriented, self-motivation, with a positive attitude to problem solving and a great team player.
- Able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Solid communication skills in English
- Demonstrated analytical skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Strong computer and systems skills (ERP Systems - PeopleSoft, COGNOS, Excel, Word, Outlook)
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Vinay Sajnani at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5187 for a confidential discussion.