About the client: We are hiring for a regional oil & gas / energy company, a Financial Controller to be based in Dubai, UAE
The role is based in Dubai and will manage and oversee the accounting and finance function, debt & treasury management, stakeholders management including compliance with financing documents, accounting & financial reporting in accordance with IFRS requirements and group and shareholders requirements, ensure compliance with financial and commercial procedures, internal controls and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
· Qualified CA / CPA / ACCA / MBA in Accounting/Finance
· 10 years' experience in accounts and finance preferably in Power and Water and/or Oil and Gas Sector. Experience of lender management or dealing with lenders or building/maintaining relationship with lenders can be a plus.
· Sound knowledge of the international financial standards, policies, and procedures and of the region.
· Sound business and financial analysis skills.
· Good influencing skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and to take additional responsibilities as they arise.
· Good commercial acumen, and an understanding of the business value chain.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to work efficiently in a broad cultural spectrum and be sensitive to the regional culture and working principles.