About Our Client
A global consumer goods trading company is now looking for a new Financial Controller to lead their team in Bangkok. They are the world's number 1 producer and distributor of the products of specialization with strong performance and stability despite Covid19.
The role will be reporting to Thailand CFO. You will be managing a team of 5 accountants and take on the ERP streamlining process as well as ensure compliance and smooth operations.
- Oversees the smooth operation of Accounting & Finance functions
- Plans, directs and coordinates the team activities with investing, banking, insurance, security and other financial activities
- Leads the management and preparation of forecasting for income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assists upper management in the planning, organizing and managing of the annual financial planning processes
- Drives process and continuous improvement to increase overall quality and efficiency of analysis, which includes proactive modeling and analysis tools
- Analyzes product line profit and loss statements, including cost of sales and operating expenses
- Ensures the integrity of financial records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 15+ years of work experience in a similar role, with retail or trading experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis acquired through related work experience in increasingly complex roles
- Solid team development and management skills to enable the creation of a highly capable team
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively explain complex information to others
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results, projections and mine through data
- Strong process streamling and improvement, change management is highly desirable
- Proficient with SAP, Microsoft Office applications and database management tools
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.