A rapidly growing, mature start up Financial Services Company, is looking to appoint a high calibre, qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) to be the new FP&A Manager, (Financial Planning and Analysis Manager).
With ambitious growth plans, the FP&A Manager will play an important role in providing financial information, and delivery of financial forecasts, reporting on business performance and providing insightful financial analysis to support the growth and potential IPO of the business. Reporting to the Head of FP&A and based in central London.
A diverse business, with significant accounting and financial complexity, which requires a strong intellectual base and a hands-on approach.
This will be a high impact, high profile position as the company is about to embark upon an exciting period of growth and transformation as they prepare for further investors, banking licenses, due diligence processes and a potential IPO.
You will be required to take ownerships of the following:
- Monthly and forward looking analysis of the growing cost base circa £33m
- Coordinating and owning the cost review discussions with company Directors
- Analysing the cost base for potential savings and tabling for discussions with relevant company Directors
- Overall submission of the entire cost base into the forecast/budget
Performance and productivity reviews, including but not exclusive to the following:
- Costs of originating new products
- Costs of the value chain i.e. from initial application to completion
- Cost of investment in change expenditure
- Fixed/ variable cost analysis
With a fast-growing business, the forecasting of the business financial performance will be constantly changing and the modelling framework must reflect this environment.
Working closely with the Head of FP&A and Head of Finance to ensure that forecasting and historic reporting are aligned and consistent messages are delivered to business, board and Investors.
You will be:
- Be a qualified Accountant ACA (ICAEW), CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of working with a developing financial models in a financial services environment.
- Excellent excel skills
- Possess strong quantitative, numerical and analytical skills
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and laterally to provide solutions to complex problems/issues
You will provide excellent stakeholder management with all internal parties and multiple external banks, advisory and legal practices.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a financial services company, in an influential position, at the start of the next stage in its growth. If you are looking for a challenging and varied role, have a hands-on-approach and can see yourself working in an a highly commercial role then please apply.
Salary £60-75K plus bonus and benefits