The Product Delivery Head is leading a global team of technical leads and development resources (internal and external) to conceptualize or apply new technological solutions and products that support the company goals. The Product Delivery Head is accountable for managing and leading all development projects, organisation of resources (internal and external) and processes necessary to deliver a technically viable products and solutions that meet the business requirement.
Key Indicators: Project Management
Create, manage and track solutions projects to successful delivery, including, but not limited to:
- Project definition and scoping
- Project schedules
- Project budgets
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues management
- Manage project resource planning and organizational capacity planning
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customersas needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with stakeholders
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by stakeholders
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters
- Review and assure overall quality of key functional, technical and other project
- Complete, cost effective on time delivery of solutions projects
Product Delivery & Technical Design
- Lead and manage the product delivery team and resources including contractors and vendors to deliver product releases on scope, budget, time and quality. Ensure all daily, development time-boxes and release commitments to upstream and downstream functions are upheld
- Lead and manage the product delivery team and architects to deliver a sound technical solution that can meet the functional and non-functional requirement of the product
- Identify, plan for and secure internal resources, external contractors, outsource vendors as well as tools and other supports required to meet delivery commitments.
- Continuously identify and implement delivery process and productivity enhancements for increased product delivery effectiveness and efficiency as well as product quality
▪ Complete, cost effective, on time, quality product releases.
▪ Deliver sound technical solution that meet the functional and non-functional requirement
▪ Timely response and support of upstream and downstream functions
▪ Sufficient effective product delivery resource capacity provided to support short term product delivery demands in line with medium and long term capacity plans earlier agreed with management.
▪ Team and Vendor resource utilization, technical and delivery competency
- Organise and manage the product delivery team to provide effective 3rd level product support responses
- Ensure timely and comprehensive handover process is in place to equipment Support team to perform their role
- Lead the outsourcing and vendor management strategy to ensure sustainable model to support the short to long-term needs of the organisation
- Define, coordinate and manage vendor processes and methods for selection, approval and onboarding of vendors in support of solution and product delivery projects.
- Prepare processes for analysis, selection and transition as well as key knowledge retention within the organization.
- Ensure close collaboration between vendor and internal resources for effective development delivery
- Ensure tracking, measurement, reporting and evaluation of vendor performance in accordance of contractual deliverables and service level agreement
- Describe 1 or 2 typical decisions you have to make, in the course of your job.
- Allocation of team members to project tasks; re-prioritisation of tasks and activities. Settle differences between team members
- Determine key criteria to measure vendor's performance
List the data which will reflect the scope and scale of activities concerning your job.
- Application development projects typically ranges from S$50,000 to S$5,000,000 for each project.
- Managing of internal resources (15-20 staff) plus contractors and/or outsource vendors (50-70 on-site and offshore)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
What are the minimum entry level requirements for your job, in terms of:
▪ Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science or other relevant fields.
▪ 10-15 years experience in leading a software development team of size more than 20 technical professionals
▪ 3-5 years experience in Project Management for entire development cycle
▪ 5-7 years in end to end software development
▪ Strong understanding of the software development cycle Experience with virtual teams and offshore development
▪ Experience in designing technical solution for large scale application
▪ Experience in managing outsourced development
▪ Experience in managing and delivering support services to meet SLA
▪ Experience in leading global team
▪ Excellent project management skills
▪ Vendor Management Skills
▪ Experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
▪ Wide knowledge of computer environments, including server, desktop, mobile and embedded platforms
▪ Experience in technology stacks like JEE application development, .NET framework, databases, client-server architecture, frameworks, etc
▪ Comfortable with all levels of architecture, design and implementation (code) as necessary
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.