A UK based brand is looking for a Global Freight Forwarding Manager to join their team in Hong Kong, to manage all logistics processes both sourcing and retail across the region. This candidate will report directly to the Global Head of Logistics based in HQ.
- Optimize the flow of raw materials to factories and of finished goods from factories to the company's global in-market receiving points
- Building and managing logistics processes and infrastructure and respecting company's safety, environment, financial and operational targets
- Select logistics providers, build principles contracts and relationships; Decide on the respective use of 3PL, 4PL and in-house resources
- Partner with Regional Heads of Operations to create optimizations, creating synergies and driving economies of scale
- Manage supply chain trade-offs, deploying appropriate freight modes and balancing freight savings against inventory carrying costs
- Maintain relations with global standards and custom authorities
- Measure effectiveness by managing KPIs such as cost, time and delivery
- Minimum of 8 years' experience, ideally worked in both third party logistics and in-house businesses with regional exposure
- Strong experience in a similar international role, familiar with specificity of Asian retail and sourcing, and with a proven track record of creating and achieving budget targets in conjunction with third party logistics providers
- Capable of international influence within a matrix structure
- Excellent systems & process knowledge with the ability to effectively implement change
- Strong business acumen, independent and analytical mindset
- Excellent spoken and written English, with fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Vinay Sajnani at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5187 for a confidential discussion.
More exciting opportunities may be found on the Argyll Scott website at www.argyllscott.com.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.