We are working with a growing VC / Investment company, based in the City, They are looking for a Newly Qualified Management Accountant to join their expanding finance team and your role as their Group Management Accountant will be to business partner with the stakeholders and complete monthly management accounts and reports for their portfolio of companies.
For this role, they are looking for an Accountant, with a can-do attitude and who has had exposure to statutory and management accounts in a commercial environment. You'll be part of a dynamic and talented team where your ability will add value to a strong team of finance professionals.
The responsibilities for this Management Accountant role will include:
- Mixed work including management accounting and reporting packs.
- Developing a true understanding of the financial performance of each of your portfolio entities
- Complete monthly accounts including recs and journals
- Report on project work across your portfolio to the senior management team
- Providing advice and feedback regarding cashflow, actuals and updates on business trends
- Work closely with the Investors and attend Portfolio client meetings to discuss accounts, their business plans and any issues
Key skills required for this Management Accountant role will include
- Be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Broad commercial accounting experience, ideally from an SME background
- Clear communicator both written and verbal and with a professional outlook
- Strong Excel and Microsoft skills
- Knowledge of Group or Portfolio Accounting would be advantageous.
If you are interested in building your career within a growing VC business then get in touch to discuss the opportunity in more detail