We are currently working with an award-winning Surrey based charity, The organisation, which was founded more than two decades ago, has grown significantly in recent years and has a proven background in improving the lives of young people through providing transformational services.
They are looking for a part-time Head of Finance to take responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all the financial-related activities of the organisation and assist in developing financial strategies with the CEO and the rest of the Senior Leadership Team.
Your key responsibilities for this Head of Finance role will include
- Be responsible for leading the finance and accounts for the business.
- Complete the day to day financial management
- Complete the monthly management accounts
- Build and maintain systems for setting and managing annual budgets and forecasts
- Oversee and manage expenses, invoicing, payments, payroll, and VAT
- Monitor cash flows and manage banking relationships
- Develop and maintain management information systems and internal controls
- Liaise with auditors and lead on the preparation of the Annual Report & Accounts
- Ensure all Charity SORP and Charity Commission regulations are met
Key skills required for this Head of Finance role will include
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Proven experience within an SME and commercial environment
- A clear communicator both written and verbal
- Have a flexible approach and be results-driven with a pro-active mindset
- Knowledge of Sage and ideally Xero would be beneficial
- Understanding of the Charities SORP and The Charities Act is desirable
The organisation is happy to be flexible on the exact number of hours worked but any less than the equivalent of three days per week is unlikely to be sufficient.
This position offers a great opportunity to take on a leading role in a dynamic and professional team dedicated to improving the lives of young people.