Head of Investment Management plays a key managerial role in leading the investment management department to meet the business objectives. He/she is responsible for the overall management of the Private Funds and with strong collaboration with the Head of Wealth Management/Team Heads, provides recommendations on suitable mandate strategies to the clients. As the portfolio management will be outsourced, the incumbent in this position will partner with the Portfolio Managers to maintain an overview of the investment strategies, monitor and ensure client portfolios' alignment with stated strategies.
KEY FEATURES OF THE POSITION
· Provide thought leadership of Private Funds management and ensures the fund managers advise RM and Clients (with RM) on suitable mandates strategies
· Oversee overall fund investment and monitoring of outsourced DPM; ensure that the fund is managed according to the defined investment policy and operated in accordance with regulations
· Keeping up with the market trends, adjust short-term & long-term strategy to suit with business dynamic.
· Guide the fund managers on research, analysis, and due diligence to assess investment and its associated risk and may handle the high complicated case to provide recommendation for clients' investment decision
· Ensures all communications to the RM and Client on the performance of the mandate and its portfolio positioning are well managed
· Partner with Head of Wealth Management and Team Head to develop client acquisition strategy and business development plan
· Oversee the records and documentation related to mandate performance and portfolio positioning are well maintained and ensure the fund's reporting requirement are met
· Attend client meetings when necessary.
· Accountability for ensuring that the Investment Management function recruits, manages, trains and motivates staff in its function to ensure the maximum performance potential of each individual is realised.
· Staffing and resourcing of the Investment Management Departments in coordination with the SCB/BJBS functional heads.
· General people management duties.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.