This leadership position is responsible for annual and long-term financial planning and analysis supporting the company's operations and ongoing growth plans. The person on this role will have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction and funding of our core business and alternative growth channels.
The director of Corporate Strategic Finance and FP&A is responsible for all aspects of a high performing FP&A organization including annual and long-term financial PBF (planning, budgeting and forecasting) activities, cost optimization, resource allocation, operational reviews, analytical support, strategic financial modeling and executive reporting to senior leaders and board of directors as well as investor interactions
This leader, reports to the group CFO, and will partner closely with senior executives and other leaders across the organization to identify and drive revenue generating and cost transformation initiatives that drive total shareholder return.
What you will do…
- Leads Strategic Finance function and identifies initiatives to grow core and alternative channels; coordinates cross functional teams to drive insight, collaboration, and improved financial performance of critical projects.
- Partners with other functions to enhance overall governance and funding process for key corporate initiatives; leads development of business cases to drive optimal investment decisions.
- Leads all financial aspects of company's long-range plan and partners with teams to influence company's ongoing direction.
- Applies detailed knowledge of competitive landscape, company-wide priorities, and financial markets toward the completion of ongoing and ad hoc analyses.
Business Performance: FP&A Operations and Executive Reporting
- Diagnose and influence the key drivers of the business
- Provide detailed feedback, insight and recommendations to the business on its financial performance, focusing on key drivers including profitability models, trends, and analytical needs
- Lead the creation of the planning, budgeting and forecasting process across the organization (including monthly close, forecast, budget and risk mitigation plan)
- Ensure review and alignment of financial plan with the company's operational rollout and implementation plans
- Develop, own and manage the Risk Mitigation Plan that ensure financial targets are met across the company
- Provide decision support through modeling and analysis (e.g., operational business modeling)
- Presents forecasting and financial/operational dashboards to executive management and board of directors on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for the management and operations of our financial planning cloud-based tools (partnering with our FP&A system team).
- Responsible for leading the creation of a quarterly Q&A document in support of our earnings call process.
- Responsible for issuing external financial guidance recommendations to management
Skills you have…
- BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 10+ years with financial analysis experience, preferably with hospitality industry experience
- Proven leader with experience on building and managing high performance teams
- Excellent business-savvy with a consultative approach; ability to influence and collaborate with senior level leaders across organizational lines
- Excellent leadership skills and proven ability to develop relationships and establish trust with associates at all levels
- Strong project management skills; ability to effectively lead implementation of key business initiatives.
- Ability to communicate and explain complex financial issues to non-financial professionals and to interact well with all levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel (financial modeling and analysis techniques)
- Strong ethical nature able to foster an environment of governance
- Strong drive for data integrity, process definition, and organizational alignment
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to model Choice's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.