The Category Sourcing Specialist is responsible for managing and driving complex sourcing projects (upstream and downstream projects) in support of the business objectives in the respective spend category. You will be responsible for being the go to person in category discussions, developing supplier relationships and proactively identifying opportunities which includes demand management, development of the sourcing strategy and category strategies, source selection, contract negotiation, creation & maintenance.
Lastly, you will need to be experienced in the spend category and marketplace (upstream and downstream projects), sourcing of services and commodities, managed of contracts and legal terms, sourcing strategy preparation, with a strong commercial orientation, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- SME in the given category towards Procurement, PSCM and Business stakeholders
- Lead in ensuring effective category strategy information is communicated and guided between Procurement and PSCM
- Ensure that the business requirements are understood and covered in the category level discussions, sourcing processes and develop source selection criteria based on the business priorities
- Development and implementation of sourcing strategies in accordance with the respective Category strategy / guidance while defining approaches to the market
- Lead the coordination of supplier selection process, negotiate and agree on relevant contract terms with suppliers ensuring effectiveness and effeciency
- Manage contract content and approval process which includes modifications/updates to the relevant contract templates based on category specific requirements
- Generate reports (status, summary etc.) and analyse data depending on the project requirements
- Be innovative and support/lead continuous process improvements.
- Min Degree with professional certification like CIPS, MCIPS or CPSM is an added advantage
- More than 5 years of sourcing experience with 3+ year's category specific experience, preferably in IT categories like Software as Service, Platform as Services, Infrastructure as Services or Cloud computing
- Experienced in dealing with external partners, especially with suppliers
- Experienced with contract creation, negotiation and maintenance
- Category management and/or category strategy development is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of navigating the supply market and supplier selection
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills
Interested relevant candidates, kindly share your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.