Argyll Scott is looking for a Java Cloud Developer to join our premium client based in Bangkok. They are the a global provider of financial markets data and infrastructure who is currently having many interesting new digital, e-commerce, and Banking projects for new generation Developer to work on.
They are now looking for a strong Java Cloud Developer who is energetic, passionate, and love technology to join their dynamic and professional team in Bangkok.
- Typically works on one or more delivery projects at a time, both as a team member and as the technical lead of the project, helping to manage the delivery tasks and resources
- Responsible for reviewing estimates, designs, implementation and quality of deliverable across the project team and coaching / mentoring junior members of the team.
- Responsible for analyzing and translating complex business and technical requirements into detailed design specifications for application code and modules, and the subsequent development and integration of software.
- Actively participates in / leads group planning sessions to analyse requirements and propose suitable design options and estimates. Has the confidence / ability to recommend and defend design & implementation decisions.
- Engages with product owners, architects and other specialists to ensure designs are enterprise-grade, compliant with company standards, security and architecture best practices, and ultimately satisfy our customer needs.
- Builds and maintains efficient, reusable, reliable and secure code based on user stories and help to drive sprint planning, task prioritization and assignment across the project / development team.
- Demonstrates a consistent focus on quality, ensuring that your team delivers reliable, robust software through the creation and execution of automated tests.
- Provides technical support to operations or other development teams across the global enterprise
- Actively participates in Scrum and Nexus meetings, providing timely status updates for the development team
- Provides assistance in researching and evaluating new and emerging technologies.
- Continuously identifies ways to improve team productivity and efficiency
- Development Manager, Scrum Master and members of the Scrum Team
- Product Owner, Project Stakeholders
- Operations and Support teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience 5+ years in software architecture design and development
- Experienced software engineering with knowledge / experience of Java and/or Python.
- Experience with cloud-native application development with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) is preferred.
- Experience with one of the following technologies: AWS (EC2, ECS/EKS, S3, Lambda, IAM, Aurora, API Gateway etc.); cloud database technologies (AWS RDS, Aurora, Postgres, Azure SQL, etc.); and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform, CloudFormation is preferred.
- Deep technical background with understanding / experience of different programming styles, frameworks, design patterns, best practices, secure coding, unit testing, and TDD/BDD.
- Practical experience with agile development methodologies and tools (Scrum, JIRA etc.)
- Fluent in English communication skills
- Experience with big data platforms: Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka and cloud offerings (Amazon EMR, Azure HD Insight, Google Big Query, etc.)
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.