About the company
One of the world's leading Insurance broker with extensive operations globally. They promote a great culture with a diversity of work to help employees grow and develop. This is a great opportunity for an individual to take more accountability and responsibility in their role and to partner with senior stakeholder and management to deliver effective solutions.
About the Role
This is regional role and will report to the Senior Legal Counsel based in Singapore. The successful candidate will be expected to assist the Senior Legal Counsel in all contentious and commercial matters.
- Supporting the business by assisting on contentious and commercial matters.
- Focussed work across professional negligence cases but also investigations, employment, intellectual property and other contractual disputes.
- Provide regulatory, commercial and corporate governance support across APAC.
- Complete legal research, manage contentious matters under the guidance of Asia Disputes Team, and support the Asia Regional Legal Team to advise on new business initiatives and commercial matters.
- Assist with the preparation of training materials and internal policies, conduct training.
- Common Law qualified.
- 2+ years post-qualification disputes experience (experience in financial services / insurance is beneficial but not essential).
- Experience in-house and in Asia is an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, for liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and support a variety of legal projects with a mixture of contentious, regulatory, employment and investigations work.
- An ability to perform under pressure, cope with voluminous contracts and meet tight deadlines.
EA Registration Number: R1656454
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105