A global retail group is looking for a logistics expert to join their team in Hong Kong, to manage the APAC region. This is a newly created position, and the main markets this candidate will cover are Japan, Korean, China and Singapore.
- Work closely with Distribution/Warehousing and Logistics/Transportation functions as well as Manufacturing operations and engineering personnel and is expected to interface with operational staff and understand their needs and functional objectives. An understanding of distribution and manufacturing equipment and the air, ground and sea shipping industry is a plus.
- Travel to several locations across Asia-Pacific, mostly notably Singapore and Tokyo to support the regional supply chain activities and teams based in those locations.
- Lead the supply chain and corporate services category IP activities across the region.
- Scope includes regional efforts (multi-market), supporting local market activities (specific to Affiliate or facility) and leading other globally-led / defined efforts regarding vendor management, selection or solutions implementation
- Collaborate closely with local IP and supply chain teams to lead, manage or assist efforts in the respective supply chain sub-categories (e.g. ground transportation, pick and pack, parcel) and identify regional perspectives and strategies, where applicable for the brick & mortar and e-commerce, in-bound and out-bound process
- For Corporate and Professional Services, you will lead, manage or assist in projects related to a wide variety of sourcing and vendor management activities related to, but not limited to: HR professional services (staffing, recruiting, onetime consulting, benefits), office and real estate brokerage, construction, renovation and professional services, other consulting engagement (audit, management consulting firms, etc)
- For all applicable categories, you will identify, define and execute sourcing and operational strategies to implement, remedy or improve the vendor solutions received by the Company across these wide-variety of supply chain and corporate activities
- Liaise with other regional and global category teams to complement, synchronize and augment other category efforts that can be leveraged, complemented or added to the supply chain and corporate services areas
- Bachelor's Degree holder, with minimum Years of Experience:7-8 years
- Travel time: 15% in Asia Pacific most notably in Singapore and Tokyo for projects.
- Required Language Proficiency: English, Mandarin, Cantonese is a plus
- Licenses or Certifications: CPM or CPSM is a plus or any equivalent procurement certifications. Certificates in logistics, planning, manufacturing or other supply chain processes is a plus
- An understanding of distribution and manufacturing equipment and the air, ground and sea shipping industry is a plus.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Vinay Sajnani at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +852 3695 5187 / +852 9419 4333 for a confidential discussion.
More exciting opportunities may be founds on the Argyll Scott website at www.argyllscott.com
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.