Established since 1880 in Hong-Kong, the group plays today an important role for their product form primary production to processing, logistics and distribution. Thanks to a global exposure, they cover a wide range of projects.
The group employs over 133,000 people worldwide and operate from their regional office based in Hong-Kong which covers Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong-Kong.
Purpose of the role is to lead a Data science team of 4 people to leverage internal and external data to the real-world business situations. Dealing with internal functions and external parties to explore business opportunities for the company and support business decision making.
Data Science team is composed of 2 Data-Scientist and 2 software engineers.
- Lead and develop the team members of the Data Science team
- Work closely with different business functions as virtual teams to understand the business initiatives
- Collect analytics requirements from business and decide the analytics approach to answer business question and support business decision making
- Build and support the process to collect internal/external data and source data from 3rd party vendors in order to extend the scope of business insight
- Develop analytics and machine learning model to consume internal and external data to deliver business insight and recommendation
Career evolution: depending on your seniority (more junior/senior) my client might consider you as a lead Data Scientist or a BI/Data manager (for a bigger team but less technical).
- Master's Degree in computer science, applied mathematics or statistics
- 4+ years of overall experience as lead data scientist or manager
- Fluent English and Mandarin (Cantonese is helpful)
- Good scripting language (Python/R)
- Excellent communication skill
- Comfortable in internal customer-facing role
- Able to distil complex results or processes into simple, clear visualisations
- Able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
- Able to build things and comfortably working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively
- With significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesise complex data
- Understand the modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and can translate this into business implications for the clients
- Understand the modern cognitive computing techniques and the best applications of them
Next steps are to apply with an updated CV to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.