The Network Engineer (LAN) is responsible for the planning, design, implementation, operations and on-going maintenance of the Data Center and Campus networks.
You are required to diagnose and triage technically complex service issues which can stretch across the compute, networks, storage and application domains.
Lastly, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Cover the product selection of routers/ switches/ firewalls/ intrusion prevention systems, physical and logical placement of network/ security elements, IP address planning, network segmentation for the various environments (Dev, UAT, Prod), structuring the monitoring/ management/ backup planes and WAN circuit rationalization
- Participate in detailed planning and execution of the multi-year phased services migration approach e.g. JomPAY, FPX, DuitNow and etc
- Serve as supplementary technical lead for the design, installation, operation, service and maintenance of any BAU network solution and implementation
- Leads network integration with external entities to ensure a successful implementation
- Build the foundation to facilitate automated and hitless firmware updates across network elements and enhance the network monitoring capability: capacity, response, jitter and service degradation
- Maintain an accurate record reflecting the current and historical network settings including the decision-making rationale for said configuration
- Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a high-pressured System Integrator environment
- CCIE certification in the RS / SP or DC vertical would be an added advantage
- Experience in the IT banking and Telecommunications sector would be an added advantage
- Well versed across Cisco R&S hardware portfolio: Catalyst, Nexus 9K, ACI, ISR and ASR and integrating 3rd party security elements: FWs, IPS, WAF, Load Balancers
- Capable of architecting and designing a resilient and highly available infrastructure with appropriate considerations given to cost and domain failure risks
- Extensive implementation experience with: HSRP, VLAN, 802.1Q, 802.1x, STP, VTP, CDP, OSPF, BGP, BFD, IP-SLA, DNS, IPSEC, ARP, MAC and the foundations aspects of routing and switching.
Interested, Kindly submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.