- Creating brand positioning PR strategies to effectively introduce and promote brand to Malaysian consumers, including the areas of brand philosophy, product concept and value, as well as employer reputation, sustainability, local community activities and crisis communications.
- Developing story opportunities for mass media, including fashion, lifestyle and business, across print, digital and broadcast segments based on local trends and media interests.
- Developing a Public Affairs plan to build good relationships with key stakeholders
- Managing a media training program to help preparing management and local spokespersons in handling media interviews, at the time of market-entry press events, local press previews, product launches, new store openings or more.
- Coordinating PR events (press conferences, press briefings, store openings, etc.), with Head of Marketing as well as PR contacts.
- Developing and localising PR materials and tools, including press releases, media Q&As and factsheets.
- Handling day-to-day PR activities and follow-up with journalists (print, online, etc.) and bloggers who cover apparel/fashion industry.
- Managing external PR agency and any additional external partner agency, as relevant.
- Handling product sampling to journalists and bloggers, along with PR agency.
- Coordinating and integrating PR activities closely with Marketing to contribute to sales.
- 5 to 10 years of PR experience, ideally in consumer lifestyle, retail, or apparel brand with understanding of corporate or business PR.
- International experience working in a global business is important.
- Fluent in spoken and written English as well as Bahasa. Strong writing skills is a must, Demonstrates an understanding of, and/or willingness to learn about the retail sector and particularly in fashion PR.
- A team player who is effective in collaborating with other functions, in particular Marketing and Store Operations, to achieve the Company's goals and objectives.
- Strategic and out-of-the box mindset that challenges conventional fashion PR.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key media and internal/external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and deliver to tight deadlines and work with flexibility in a fast-moving environment.
- A self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrates a high work capacity while maintaining attention to details.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.