My client is a well known insurnace firm that has a starup within it dedicated to innovation. This role is in the tech startup within this Fortune 100 insurance company.
If you're a technical leader who wants to develop products from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As a Technologist (manager grade) you will focus on digital solution development for Global Retail Markets. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue our agile and cloud enabled transformation journey. This role will require some global travel.
In this role, you would
- Lead the development of global SoE framework and key functionality to enable best in class digital customer experience for Global Retail Markets
- Collaborate with development teams and architects to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy, guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision
- Recommendation to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality and maintain vendor, business partners, and development teams relationships
- Oversee design reviews and provide technical guidance and contribute to decisions that impact technical soundness, profitability and operational effectiveness
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years related experience
- Proficiency with some of the following areas and tools
- Object-oriented programming (Java/Python/Ruby/C++),Web development (React, AngularJS, NodeJS, Spring Boot, Restful service)
- Integration and Event driven architecture (Apigee, Kafka, Flink)
- CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Bamboo), iOS or Android development
- Machine learning, AI, Robotic Process Automation, OCR, NLP, Digital UX Analysis
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; shared software concepts and product features and business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly with good oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
Next steps would be to apply with an updated CV to dgray<at>argyllscott.com.hk
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.