About the company
High growth European MNC within the manufacturing space
About the role
Part of the APAC legal team you would primarily be responsible for supporting the group on Singapore related legal matters
- Provide legal advice to numerous Business Units in Singapore in order to manage legal risk on commercial projects and transactions.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory matters for the business in Singapore.
- Manage claims, litigation and other legal and compliance matters that arise.
- Support the team to implement systems, actions and training to minimise risk.
- Implement and monitor corporate compliance measures (anti-trust, conflict of interest, privacy etc).
- Provide quality and timely legal advice to the business daily in areas including but not limited to lease and property matters, general commercial transactions, disputes and litigation, project and construction contracts, M&A, employment and safety.
- Work with and manage engagement of external legal advisers.
- Participate in and support the business in special projects as required.
- Conduct and lead training of the commercial teams as required.
- Manage litigation issues.
- 7-10 years of experience in the commerce & industry space (energy, manufacturing, industrial preferred)
- Ability to draft commercial contracts and make business decisions in regards to risk
- Fluent in English, Mandarin language skills would be a plus
- Commercially aware lawyer who can negotiate and influence senior management
- Adaptable and project focussed
- Singapore qualified lawyer
EA Registration Number: R1871862
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105