A global luxury retail brand is looking for a Senior Design Development Manager to support the Corporate Store Planning Director - Asia in the area of design development and construction drawings review and approval from various consultants and contractors as well as materials sampling and project quality review.
This role covers various regions in Asia - Greater China, North East Asia and South East Asia. This position needs to communicate closely with the Store Design Development team and Corporate Architect team as well as local contractors and consultant to make the standardised drawing set and be responsible for proper execution in regional level coordinating with regional team.
- Review and confirm tender drawing package for store and office construction projects to be aligned with store bible book updated by corporate architect team
- Review and confirm construction drawing package from local fit-out contractors and suppliers
- Develop and confirm ceiling plan including lighting plan
- Closely coordinate all drawing submission to corporate design team and architect team in timely manner
- Share tender set to contract manager for tender
- Material sampling with local team and submit to corporate architect team for their review and confirm
- Quality check of the material used on construction site
- Develop new suppliers for different materials sourced from local market
- Develop new furniture supplier reviewing their mock up and samples
- Archive as-built drawing
- Diploma or higher diploma in Architecture, Interior Design or related disciplines
- A qualified architect or interior designer
- Minimum 7~9 years relevant experience of working in design architecture consultancy firm, in-house design architect team or interior design team etc
- Knowledge on construction detail and know how
- Project management experience from other luxury industries is an advantage, but not a must
- Good knowledge on retail space design
- Excellence in drawing read and development in CAD
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in assigned deadlines
- Good problem-solving skill
- Strong leadership and supervisory skill
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation ability
- Understanding of different local code in construction field
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Cantonese, Mandarin is a MUST. Korean and Japanese would be optional.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Vinay Sajnani at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5187 / +852 9419 4333 or a confidential discussion.
More exciting opportunities may be found on the Argyll Scott website at www.argyllscott.com
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.