About the client
Our client is one of the world's top software companies and they provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry
About the role
· Lending Legal and contractual support to assigned IT customer accounts in the APAC region, specifically:
o Commercial support (including negotiation and drafting) for complex transactions;
o Enforcing existing contracting and business policies and streamlining best global contracting policies and procedures
o Ability to understand fast evolving technology as applied to the business and its legal framework and take appropriate legal steps;
· Produce post-contract documentation/summaries/action lists.
· Work closely with the Contract Management team.
· Handle claims for allocated areas including pre-claim, ongoing, settlement, arbitration / litigation as required on assigned customer accounts.
· Corporate Support: oversee corporate housekeeping, procurement support and local law compliance of certain affiliates in APAC.
· JV transactions: Responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating Joint Venture Agreement and Partnership Agreements in APAC.
· Having the ability to converse in full professional proficiency in Mandarin is a bonus.
· Minimum of 4 years PQE
· University Degree in Law, Legal Qualification to practice as a lawyer
· Having experience in IT/outsourcing agreements, as well as knowledge of data privacy issues is a plus
· Training in a common-law jurisdiction is a plus
· Involvement in bid teams, contract negotiation and post contract delivery highly desirable.
· Strong commercial outlook and great client care skills
· Must have a strategic as well as legal approach to the law and like working in a fast paced, competitive environment.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.