About the company
One of the leading logistic business with operations globally. You would be responsible for the full end to end commercial legal support in the business. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with senior stakeholders.
About the Role
This is a multi - jurisdictional role, reporting to the Head of Legal based in Singapore. This is a great opportunity for someone who is proactive, with strong in-house experience. Commercially savvy, creative thinking and able to mitigate risk in the business. An exciting opportunity to develop and shape your own role as you go along.
- Provide timely support and advice to the business and management, with focus to Singapore and Malaysia business.
- Drafting & reviewing a broad range of commercial contracts, including service agreements and procurement agreements.
- Ensure corporate governance rules and processes are maintained and enforced
- Work closely with the business in understanding the service industry & commercial requirements when considering legal terms & conditions.
- Work closely with the other corporate functions daily or on a project basis as and when required.
- Such other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Common Law qualified lawyer with 6 - 7 years pqe, with in-house experience (some exposure to litigation work preferred)
- Singaporean / Singapore PR
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, for liaising with both internal and external stakeholders. Additional language skills will be advantageous
- Industry experience would be a plus
- Ability to spot issues and gather further information as necessary to resolve issues
- Ability to draft various commercial contracts
- Able to work independently and in a team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
- An ability to perform under pressure, cope with voluminous contracts and meet tight deadlines
EA Registration Number: R1656454
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105