- Multinational Banking Client
- 12 Month Contract role (Projects lined up for next 3 years), extendable
- Immediate start available and preferred
- Salary can be negotiated
- Unfortunately, this role is unable to be offered to candidates that require an EP / company sponsorship at this time due to the immediate nature of the requirement.
The Senior Manager , is a six-month fixed term role with the following responsibilities:
* Support the Head of Attestation and Control Testing in managing regulatory issues including but not limited to monitoring remediation status, validating issue closure and analysing data to determine areas of improvements.
* Perform control testing and assess control effectiveness.
* Identify gaps and recommend improvements to Bank's ICS controls.
* Support assurance reviews and attestation deliverables.
* Support the Global Head of Assurance and Testing to deliver CISRO objectives and initiatives.
* Maintain strong stakeholder engagement with Information and Cyber Security 3 Lines of Defence to ensure the successful delivery of each exercise
* Provide ongoing reporting of deliverables (outcomes and recommendations) and schedule to key stakeholders in a timely manner. Timely escalation and reporting of issues to ensure that expectation management across the organisation is proactively carried out.
* Develop knowledge base of ICS technical controls
* Support the Head of ICS Attestation & Control Testing to design and implement the ICS testing methodology and ensure that the ICS testing deliverables meets the quality standards set out in the methodology.
* Develop knowledge base of technical and operational controls for ICS assurance and attestation purpose
People & Talent
* Establish constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
* Actively participate in team's lessons learned or experience sharing sessions
* Proactively learn knowledge on new technology, application, platform and share with the team
* Ensure that all activities are in line with and support of the ICS principal risk type under the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF)
* ICS indicator analysis to proactively identify technical problem areas
* Contribute to the establishment of technical expertise/ knowledge base for operating control assessment
* Ensure compliance with relevant operational risk controls.
* Support the Global Head of Assurance and Testing to set up the annual plan and manage the execution of the plan to achieve the target on quality, timeline and budget.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Demonstrate leadership ability to ensure that the team achieves the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Proven experience in Information and Cyber Security control testing, ICS audit, information security officer, senior ICS governance, policy or risk management role.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements, Cybersecurity Framework and Control Standards.
- Thorough understanding of IT security business processes, risks, threats and internal controls.
- Experience working in or with the financial services industry with keen understanding of business and operational environments. In-depth knowledge of payment security e.g. PCI DSS, SWIFT.
- Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and its ICS risk policies, procedures and processes.
- Good understanding of the latest ICS threat development.
- Able to communicate complex ICS risks/issues precisely and effectively. Able to construct recommendations in a factual and persuasive manner. Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form.
- Strong senior stakeholder management.
- Ability to both assess strategic priorities and to focus on detailed aspects of a function to drive effective delivery.
- Strong integrity, independence and resilience.
- Any other platform/technology experience across various systems and platforms.
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA Reg No: R21102435
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.