We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Security Engineer who has transitioned their career from a system administration background to specialize in security operations. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and security best practices across a diverse range of technologies, including mobile, cloud, switches, routers, and networks. As a Senior Security Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding our organization's digital assets and ensuring the continued security and integrity of our systems.
Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VA/PT):
- Lead and execute comprehensive vulnerability assessments and penetration tests on systems, networks, applications, and infrastructure.
- Identify security vulnerabilities, analyze potential risks, and provide actionable recommendations for mitigation.
Security Operations Center (SOC) Expertise:
- Leverage your experience in transitioning from a system administration role to contribute effectively within a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment.
- Monitor security alerts and incidents, investigate potential security breaches, and respond to security events in a timely manner.
- Apply your comprehensive knowledge of mobile security, cloud security, switches, routers, and network security to design, implement, and maintain robust security measures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure security best practices are integrated into the development and deployment of new technologies.
Incident Response and Mitigation:
- Contribute to incident response activities, including containment, eradication, and recovery from security incidents.
- Develop incident response plans, workflows, and playbooks to enhance the organization's ability to respond effectively to security threats.
- Security Tool Management:
- Manage and operate security tools such as intrusion detection/prevention systems, SIEM, and vulnerability management platforms.
- Fine-tune and customize security tools to optimize their effectiveness and accuracy in detecting and mitigating threats.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience security engineering and SOC environments.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CEH, or equivalent are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests using industry-standard tools.
- Strong understanding of mobile security, cloud security, networking protocols, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Experience with security tool management and incident response procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional communication skills to convey complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
Koh Ching Wen (Xu Jingwen)
EA Reg No: R1108631