Credit Control Supervisor
Would you like the chance to work as a credit control supervisor for a successful London based FMCG business located in Bermondsey? If so, this opportunity could be a step in the right direction to broadening your expertise within the credit control function.
Salary: £35,000 + bonus and benefits.
The company is looking for a permanent credit control supervisor. You'll report directly into the credit manager. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a small sales ledger with some priority customers initially. These responsibilities may be expanded as the role progresses.
- Reporting to the Credit Manager on a periodic basis on the position of the assigned credit controllers' ledgers and problem accounts and discussing the course of any action where applicable.
- Look after the key accounts within your assigned sector of the business and will take full responsibility for reviewing unallocated cash for you and your direct reports.
- Running and regularly reviewing assigned credit controllers' ledgers, ensuring old debt is maintained below agreed levels, and that items under query are properly commented on and regularly followed up on. Dealing with escalated queries that arise from the reviews.
- Calculating, distributing and updating team targets on a regular basis.
- Monthly KPI reviews of the assigned reports as required with appropriate notes taken and shared with individuals.
- Motivate and inspire all team members by being the shining example at every opportunity. Always guide team through challenges, always on the lookout for solutions to foster the long-term success of the department.
- Create and initiate new ideas and encouraging the generation of new ideas.
- Refining of the existing processes and procedures to help improve the overall functioning of the Credit Control department.
- Be able to prioritise you and your direct reports workload to ensure the most important and high value customers are always constantly being looked at.
- Can structure and plan all responsibilities to ensure the most efficient use of time and efforts.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally ensuring high standards of service are always provided.
- Display strong customer service skills, always looking to build relationships with customers, to look at better ways of operating and facilitating customer specific requirements.
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as directed by the Credit Manager and Finance Director.
Skills and Attributes
- At least two years' experience in a similar level role and studying towards a professional Credit Management qualification such as ICM.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form strong working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to challenge.
- Ability to cope in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong team player.
- Ambitious with a desire to be the best.
- Team player who can lead from the front.
The company values individuals who build relationships with their colleagues, whilst putting their work first. They trust their staff to be driven, proactive and work independently.