Key Responsibilities / Duties:
· Acts as the point of contact for queries escalated within the team or from business partners. Proactively follows up; coordinates within GPS groups and ensures resolutions.
· Takes initiative to identify and raise issues on complex problems, formulates solutions independently and knows when to escalate
· Proactively initiates, leads and participates in all stages of continuous improvement initiatives as well as new business requirements / projects.
· Acts as a subject matter expert on complex products and continue to stay current on industry trends and best practices.
· Mentors colleagues and provides training to the global team on new processes and procedures.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
· Minimum 5 years' financial services industry experience in a data analysis capacity.
· Excellent knowledge of investment products and global security markets is required.
· Knowledge of market data services such as Bloomberg and Reuters is required.
· Must have previous knowledge and work experience with data management applications, order management systems, portfolio administration applications, fund accounting applications, reconciliation tools, and data warehouse platforms. System examples include: CADIS, Charles River, Aladdin, FMC, Eagle STAR, Eagle PACE.
· Must have a good understanding of the end-to-end investment services processes including but not limiting to trade entry, trade process, settlement, security master set up/maintenance, valuation, corporate action processing, fund accounting and reconciliation resolution.
· Have in-depth and strong understanding of the firm's data flow and the impact of different characteristics of GPS owned data have on downstream data consumers and business functions.
· Understanding of the firm's marketplace and global reach, and is mindful of the global nature of our business when conducting day to day activities. Understands the firm's primary product sets and operating model.
· Demonstrated strong ability to process and assimilate data and information into meaningful management and reporting information.
· Require a University degree in Accounting, Finance, Math or business area of concentration (or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required).
· MBA an asset.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.