The position will be responsible for managing Big Data and Data Science projects from inception through kick-off and into deployment between the Group's system teams and external solution vendors.
This person will manage project scope, milestones, deliverables and timeline for various Group projects under the Big Data Project. In addition, this person will work with business and technical team leads across the Group and Country business units to ensure right resources with the right capabilities are allocated in a timely manner to ensure each project's success.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, able to build consensus across multiple teams, inside and outside of the Group.
- Manage project milestones, deliverables, tasks, schedules and project-related reporting requests.
- Manage expectations of project stakeholders and project team members through Project Charter and regular, formal status update meetings.
- Lead cross-functional, geographically dispersed, virtual project members.
- Proactively manage risks, issues and tasks to break down barriers and get decisions made to ensure project is completed on time with high quality.
- Organize communications and presentations related to project progress and risks for project stakeholders and executives.
- Implement change management tools and processes in the projects.
Participate in internal projects that help scale the team; implement best practices; and, improve methodology.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or, Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems.
- 3+ years of experience managing projects with demonstrated success in leading complex, cross-functional projects from planning through deployment.
- Strong understanding of Big Data tools and solutions with a balance of customer facing skills and broad technical concepts.
- Must be a strong communicator with a high level of written and verbal business communication skill, preferably with multi-cultural, multi-regional project management experience.
- Experience with integration projects and productionalization is highly desirable
- Understand the concepts machine learning and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with Big Data, machine learning, R, Tableau, Python, distributed computing, Cloud Computing concept (MS Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin an advantage.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Ross Peswani at firstname.lastname@example.org
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.