- Market Leader - Multinational
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Regional Career Growth Opportunities
About our client
Our client is a leading Consumer Goods company they are currently looking for a strategic Commercial Finance Controller to lead the finance team based in Kuala Lumpur. This person would report directly to the Director of Finance.
- This person would be a business partner to the sales division in coordinating and integrating the overall trade spend processes, Trade Spend Review, ROI, Annual Budgets with the global trade policy.
- You would be accountable for preparing preliminary net revenue and trade spend assessment for monthly closing.
- Monitors trade investments, fostering a mentality of "challenging the usual" when examining Trade Spend patterns and instill business manager behaviour / ROI culture and create P&L awareness across the organisation.
- Analyses and interprets information on trade investment performance and report trade investment trends that need business attention including but not limited to Channel and Customer Profitability, Brand Trade Investment Analytics
- Partner with Sales Director and Head of Trade Marketing for Management and optimization of trade spend targets, ensuring investment decisions are in line with business and growth objectives
- Strengthen control in trade returns charge to trade spend bucket and perform sufficient checks to minimize the activities
- Gathers, rigorously, analyses and interprets information on trade investment performance and report trade investment trends that need business attention.
- Monthly trade spend variance reviews of actuals vs. forecast and to understand business reasons for variances.
- Management and optimization of trade spend targets, ensuring they are in line with objectives.
- Pre and Post Promotional evaluation analysis highlighting successes and failures, with actions to improve effectiveness.
- To ensure the provision made in TSM can be supported and explained, able to show the over and under provision/spend by customers.
- Assist in enforcing current trade spend control processes and look into opportunities to strengthen trade spend control.
- Strengthen control in trade returns charge to trade spend bucket and perform sufficient checks to minimize the activities.
- This person would be driving continuous improvement in company's trade spend consumption
You will have
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, or preferably CPA, ACCA or CIMA
- At least 10 years exposure to corporate business from an MNC/PLC/SME
- Demonstrated strength or success in business partnering in commercial finance
- Candidates from FMCG/Pharmaceuticals/Retail industries are encouraged to apply, however candidates from other industries are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to David Wooden at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +60 3 2174 9011 for a confidential discussion.