As a Media Strategy Director, you will oversee the media planning function for Socialize and be accountable for the organization, direction and delivery of campaign activities.
Key to this role will be developing senior level client relationships, ensuring processes and best practice principles are adopted to ensure efficient delivery of client's media objectives; and working closely with the Client Service leads to identify opportunities to grow client relationships by providing thinking that leads to ground-breaking media innovation.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Work closely with agency management to develop and lead our planning vision and proposition - leveraging innovative media solutions to drive business growth for clients with special focus on performance (DR) driven accounts.
- Drive the exploration and deployment of "best in class" planning capabilities across the agency including the use of new channels, methods, techniques, tools and systems.
- Building exceptional relationships with key partners - become the agency's external ambassador for ideas and innovation, helping identify & connect key opportunities with media partners.
- Lead, inspire, motivate and grow a team expert media planners and performance executives across all regions to create clear, robust and thought-provoking campaign reviews and insights.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, clients and prospective clients to identify and deliver opportunities for media insight that will improve business results for clients
- Assist with new business by providing deep insight and expertise as the Planning expert and develop an active PR role to raise our industry profile.
What you'll need:
- Proven experience in a media agency, to include performance-lead digital planning experience.
- A passion for digital media and technology and an active interest in how digital innovation is driving change.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration; but also capable of working independently when needed.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills - ability to think on your feet.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyse raw data, identify true insight and develop actionable recommendations. A natural affinity with numbers is a must - preferably with a love for excel.
- A passion to help and develop people - making yourself readily available to answer questions and offer support, and the ability to motivate people to succeed.