Head of Internal Audit
Would you like to work as part of a senior management team supporting the strategy and vision for a £100 million pound business who employ over 800 people nationally? The company have a solid background of success and are now engaged in an investment programme of growth and change. This is a high-profile role which offers the opportunity to be responsible for building and evaluating the management controls towards accomplishing the transformation objectives of the company
- Together with the Director of Risk & Governance develop the annual audit plan that provides assurance over the high-risk activities of the business
- Working with the Senior stakeholders to ensure systems are in place to highlight the risks
- Manage the Internal Audit Team and the Audit Plan
- Manage the Risk register, updating the Leadership Team and provide support to the wider business in respect of risk management.
- Recommend internal controls to ensure regulations are met.
- Prepare and manage the Internal Audit Budget.
- Report on the value for money that the business obtains in all activities with special regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coach, manage and develop the Audit Team to allow them to grow individually
- Work with the Audit & Risk Committee, and provide an annual update on the effectiveness of the Internal Controls of the Charity
- Coordinate work with outsourced Auditors and brief them on areas of concern
- Maintain the company policy on 'Anti-fraud' and 'Bribery' regulations with the Company Secretary
- Undertake such other duties when required
Key Skills required
- Experience of implementing Financial, Operational and IT-Based Audits.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA or equivalent or CIIA
- Proven experience of leading a team and presenting at board level.
- Diverse commercial background with knowledge of working in a large and complex organisation and of undertaking audits across wide and diverse business areas.
- Experience of financial legislation and regulations relating to charity/not for profit sector and preparation of statements of Recommended Practice would be advantageous.
- Report writing and presenting skills to non-finance people so they understand complex data and judgments.
- A Professional Communicator both Written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills with advanced spreadsheet knowledge (Windows XP and Office 2010) and integrated accounting systems.
- Retail Accounting and experience of IT audit would be advantageous.
This is an opportunity to join a world renowned company, who is going through a growth and investment programme and will offer diverse and varied opportunities. If you would like to find out more please get in touch.