This company is a global brand within the retail sector. Their products are known right across the world.
Due to continued expansion a newly created opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR professional to lead the HR function in Malaysia.
In this role you will drive the HR function strategy and implement strong HR business partnering.
As the HR Director you will ensure that the organization's human resource strategy is implemented effectively, within established budgets and that the organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws and employment standards.
The scope includes the full spectrum of HR (recruitment, talent development, compensation/remuneration and benefits, performance evaluation, employee wellness, human resource administration, human resource information systems, payroll, employee communications and employee relations).
Support the business managers to build a strong and effective organization
- Work closely with the business owners to challenge, adjust, improve their organization at its most efficient
- Work with regional HR when and if needed to highlight the key challenges that may occur in Malaysia
- Lead all the recruitment process - from sourcing to evaluation; create and animate a network of agencies / headhunters, ensure internal mobility is favored.
- Support career management policy: advertising, career interviews, mobility, etc.
- Support managers to drive performance and excellence, while taking care of our teams, through providing support and guidance during performance management, salary review processes and people review
- Handle employee communication and relations embodying the companies expectations and values
Lead Compensation and Benefits programs
- Accountable of full spectrum of Compensation & benefits process and compliancy towards local law
- Define the relevant processes in this aspects to ensure compliance and efficiency of the HR function
- Responsible of monthly payroll and tax submission
- Adapt group compensation guidelines to Malaysian practices, when comes to Salary review
- Responsible to define attractive and fair benefits policy
- Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws and employment standards across Malaysia
Drive and enhance Learning and development program
- Drive and take the lead in implementing training programs for Malaysia
- Define attractive and up to date training programs, with a clear training calendar plans
- Select key partners of choice who can innovate with new market training trends and digital tools
- Work closely with group HR team to define right processes for talent review, succession planning and drive the implementation
Embody Company values
- Build up and maintain positive and effective working culture in line with corporate to support the business growth.
- Bachelor degree; or professional education in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or relevant discipline;
Experience and Technical capabilities:
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience in an international and multicultural environment
- Strong knowledge of Malaysian laws and regulations
- Compensation & Benefit expertise / experience is a must
- Retail or FMCG experience will be a plus
- Fluency in spoken / written English
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate a strong passion in HR function
- Strong entrepreneur mindset and customer focused
- Ambassador of Companies values (Respect, Engagement, Cooperation, Audacity & Passion)
- Highly agile, adaptable and thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong influencing skills and adaptation skills
- Experience in Project management will be an added advantage
- Well organized, autonomous and proactive with strong team spirit and service-mind towards all business partners
- Ability to analyze with vast variety of data, being meticulous
- International mindset
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.