This is an interesting role to join a high calibre team in investment reporting/accounting. Once you get familiarized in the role and show your ability to lead the team as well as to coordinate with other stakeholders, you may start assisting on a large scale project coming up that would give you good exposure and learning opportunity. This role also reports to Head of Finance who is a well-regarded leader within the company. She is technically strong and dedicated in developing talents within the team. Definitely someone good to work with.
- Perform monthly investment accounting reconciliations, investigation and ensure sufficient controls are in place to produce accurate investment asset information.
- Perform monthly and quarterly analytical review of the investment performance including comparisons and commentary to market movements.
- Participate in continuous improvement of the investment accounting model
- Own and maintain the relevant financial control and risk framework processes and documentation for the investment balances, ensure that all models are working correctly.
- Liaise with other finance teams to ensure issues are properly communicated
- Assist with the relevant developments of ongoing projects and existing processes.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Professional qualification such as Securities Institute or Financial Analyst or equivalent is necessary.
- Highly numerate and analytical - able to interpret and understand results
- Clear thinker - able to understand and unravel complex issues
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to balance competing priorities and to prioritize work
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels (both orally and in writing)
- Good technical skills
- Good system skills and ability to deal with large amount of data
- Able to operate in an open and honest manner
- Self-starter - willing to listen and change with a positive outlook and adhere to company values
- At least 5-7 years of experience in similar capacity
- Experience of accounting for investments, preferably within a life assurance accounting environment
- Technical knowledge of Life Assurance accounting (IFRS)
- Good practical experience of preparing financial analysis
- Good liaison and organization experience, both internal and external
- Good experience of monitoring and improving controls and processes
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.