- The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of multiple core business & technology projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager will perform a wide range of duties, their workload will be spread across multiple running projects to meet the organisations objectives.
- The project manager will own and be accountable for each delivery.
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management & project leads
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Staff the project
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, identify the staff and resources required with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that all project personnel clearly understand their role in the project
- Identify qualified consultants/external resources if required to work on the project as appropriate
Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Lead the weekly project calls and establish the appropriate forums to aid issue resolution to help the project meet its goals.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Document and execute test plans for each project, and own the delivery of those.
Control the project
- Write reports on the project for management and stakeholders
- Establish & chair project forums for regular updates and reporting for the various projects
- Establish & run all steering forums for each project/the programme
- Establish clear and agreed guidelines for escalation
- Monitor, obtain approval and confirm all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for management as outlined in funding agreements
- Meet all PMO related requirements, and own this process
- Attend and input into global calls as required (e.g. UK/US)
Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Obtain, recommend and implement improvements to the process and project including process streamlining, project management improvements, technology usage and any other area where gains can be made.
- Document and complete standard templates for future projects, delivering and updating the templates in a central location.
- Desired : University Degree in a related subject
- Professional designation
- Desired: Prince2 or other Project certification (Agile, PMP)
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of and experience in project management (min 5 years covering complex IT projects)
- Understanding of core project management disciplines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand different stakeholders wants and need and clearly articulate issues/concepts/resolutions through face to face, on phone and WebEx.
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft suite, including MS Project and Visio
- Data base management
- 5 years planning and/or management experience in complex, multi-stakeholder IT deliveries.
- The project manager will be based in Malaysia, but will be required to manage projects Locally and in China and Thailand. Travel may be required, but not confirmed at this stage.
- Project Managers work a standard work week but may be required to work out of normal office hours to meet project milestones and ensure appropriate engagement with globally located stakeholders & project team.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Cheryl See Toh at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +603 2174 90015 for a confidential discussion.