- Provide leadership and directions to the application development team
- Responsible to grow the team's design and solutioning capabilities, their abilities to manage multiple teams of both internal and outsource technical resources.
- To work with Technical Solution Managers and partners to develop and maintain applications, along sides with delivery of new technologies supporting strategic initiatives as required
- Develop and maintain SDLC and development methodology in mix of Waterfall and Agile environment according to needs, set development standards and best practices.
- Ensure adherence of development practice and identify opportunities to improve and automate build, configure, test and deploy processes, standards and quality
- Manage on-going and new enhancements and development in new projects for the respective applications are in-line with the development approach with the use of Service Oriented Architecture
- Ensure designs are in compliant with architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of services
- Lead the development resources to deliver application projects
- Evaluate new technologies and identify the benefit case for using new technologies
- Monitors and manages the production support to ensure incidents and problems are managed within set SLAs
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 12 years of application development and management experience
- Experience in Fintech, Financial Services or Insurance will be ideal
- Experience in Outsourcing, Vendor and Contract management
- Strong solution design using proven patterns and performance tuning.
- Solid understanding of both web and mobile application development life cycle models
- Application: JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Apache, IIS or open source web servers
- Database: Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Middleware: API, ESB, JSON, XML, REST or SOAP
- Platform: iOS, Android, Cordova, Oracle MAF/JET/OMSS, ReactNative and Airwatch
- Tools: Cloud, DevOps - Jenkins, Chef, Jira, GitHub, Sonar, Maven, Eclipse and Automated testing will be an added advantage
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Gwen Koh at email@example.com or call directly on +65 3157 3277 for a confidential discussion.