- Market Leader - Multinational
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Regional Career Growth Opportunities
This business is one of the leading MNC's is currently looking for a strategic Tax Manager to join the finance team based in Nilai. This person would report directly to the Director of Finance.
- This person would be handling all audit, tax (both direct and indirect) and incentives related work, including identification of tax issues and solution thereof to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and authorities and at the same time to meet the financial requirements (eg. tax and duty exemption) for the Company.
- You would also be responsible for all Treasury related function to meet all financial and operational requirements for the Company, primarily on cash management, credit control and relevant accounting functions.
- Work closely with relevant departments and consultants for all applications for tax incentives for the Company
- Review all incentives (and the conditions thereof) approved by the authorities, highlight issues and to work-out solutions
- Engage and liaise with relevant authorities for all tax incentives related issues
- Provide support and advice on all indirect tax matters
- Monitor and coordinate with external consultants (eg. Custom Brokers, Tax Consultants, etc) and suppliers to ensure smooth cross-border processes (importation, export, etc), especially for indirect tax related issues.
- Ensure compliance with relevant indirect taxes (eg. Sales Tax, GST) for the Company
- Assist in preparation and review of corporate tax compliance, including analyzing related accounting reports/records, liaising with the relevant departments, external tax consultants and tax authorities
- Develop and ensure proper maintenance of tax procedures and documentation
- Ensure compliance with Withholding Tax provisions
- Provide support and advice for other tax related matters, eg. individual tax issue and ad-hoc projects from the taxation and business aspects
- Prepare for, coordinate and close external and internal audit
- Follow-up audit issues if any and prepare and implement management action plans (MAPs)
- Liaise with various functions (sales, production, finance, logistics etc.) to identify process needs. Work cross functionally to define and document agreed processes. Lead the team along the way as a "control" expert
- Accounting for bank account transactions and monthly bank reconciliation
- Manage electronic payments and cash flow management
- Perform banking related requirements, eg. Bank Guarantee processes, etc
- Liaison with bankers, auditors and other bodies as required
- Provide input or participate in various projects as required
You will have
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, or preferably CPA, ACCA or CIMA
- At least 10 years exposure to corporate business from an MNC/PLC/SME
- Demonstrated strength or success in tax and treasury
- Candidates from FMCG/Pharmaceuticals/Manufacturing industries are encouraged to apply, however candidates from other industries are welcome to apply.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.